New version of our Web GIS (NextGIS Web, nextgis.com) is able to calculate areas and length in a custom spatial reference system right on your Web maps.
Thanks to latest changes you now can:
- Calculate length and area in a needed projection;
- Calculate length and area on a chosen ellipsoid.
This new functionality adds to already existing tools that use custom SRS. Our Web GIS can:
- get coordinates in needed SRS (common or custom ones);
- export geodata in needed SRS;
- get data in needed SRS via API;
- and now also: calculate areas and length in needed SRS.
SRS definintions can be imported from Proj, Mapinfo, ESRI WKT and as EPSG code.