NextGIS has completed the first stage of the cultural heritage information system of the Rostov region. This system was built for the State Museum-Zapovednik “Rostovsky Kreml” (Kremlin of Rostov) and the Pro-Nasledie group (see the detailed project description here). The main features include:
- Visualizing thematic layers over different raster backgrounds
- The creation of a list of layers with the possibility of combining them into groups
- The ability to enable/disable the selected layers
- Symbology manipulation
- The ability to View text and photo material about features on the map
- Full-featured administrative interface
The system was built using PostGIS, OpenLayers, and ExtJS.