About a week ago GDAL 2.0 was released. GDAL is an raster and vector formats abstraction library in which development we actively participate. There many new features in this release:
- Unified model for raster and vector data sources
- Curve geometries support
- Support for OGR field subtypes
- RasterIO() improvements : resampling and progress callback
- Support time with millisecond accuracy
- New vector (OGR) and raster (GDAL) drivers
We actively contributed to this version and among other things we’ve added:
- Extensive support for Remote sensing data metadata for: Alos, Eros, OrbView, Landsat, Pleiades, Resurs-DK1, Spot, Formosat and DigitalGlobe satellite products: QuickBird, WorldView-1,2,3, GeoEye-1, Ikonos.
- Support for ArcGIS Server REST API in WMS driver.
More about this release: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/2.0.0-News