We’ve developed a set of instruments to transfer forest inventory data from TopoL (Lesis) GIS to NextGIS QGIS. Toolbox was successfuly tested in Prioksko-Terrasny Nature reserve under a joint project with Roslesinforg. Forest inventory data is typically managed in specialized applications such as TopoL. However, lots of forest users would benefit from using these data in general purpose GIS, such as NextGIS QGIS.
Here is what happens during transfer:
- Database with linked tables is created.
- Import shape-files with parcels boundaries.
- Create polygonal layer where geometries are created by joining parcels based on forest blocks attributes.
- Import species composition and levels data from parcels database into separate table linked with parcels using one-to-many type of link.
- Import layout descriptions data into special table with aliases.
In addition, standard visual style of forest inventory data was transfered. All interrelated data can viewed with specially-designed for this purpose IdentifyPlus plugin. If your organization is dealing with data migration from TopoL (Lesis) and need expertise – let us know, we’ll be happy to help.